« | Main | »

October 20, 2009

Comments

Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

My medicare cost are rising but my disability benefits from SSN won't be rising. This isn't fair.

Jean, if I read the article correctly, you would not be affected by the rate increase.
From the article:
"
About 12 million people, or 27 percent of Medicare beneficiaries, will have to pay higher premiums or have the additional amounts paid on their behalf. The other 73 percent will be shielded from the increase. That's because, under federal law, their Medicare premiums cannot go up more than the increase in their Social Security benefits, and Social Security officials announced last week that there would be no increase in benefits in 2010 because inflation had been extremely low."

and

"Among those who face higher premiums next year are new Medicare beneficiaries, high-income people and those whose Medicare premiums are paid by Medicaid."


The comments to this entry are closed.